- Metal Halides are very inefficient with their light output.
- They emit a bright light of which a significant portion does not shine directly toward the ground below. This is referred to as light pollution.
- With light pollution, more energy than necessary is used to illuminate a given area, increasing the operating cost of lighting.
- ThinkLite street lamps solve the problem of light pollution, as our light is better focused than HID lamps.
Dark Spots and LED Lamps
- Traditional LED street lamps are notorious for providing light that is too focused within a narrow area, directly underneath the fixture.
- This creates a space, or a dark spot, between adjacent poles.
- Non-uniform light makes roads appear dark and causes poor vision for drivers.
Symmetrical Vs. Asymmetrical Lighting
Note significant light is
wasted off the road’s surface.
- ThinkLite understands that dark spots can be detrimental in public lighting and uses asymmetrical lighting to remedy that.
- Asymmetrical lighting creates a uniform distribution of light making the target area brighter and increasing vision of the area.
- Asymmetrical lighting ensures that all the light is focused on the roads surface where it is needed.
Better focus of the light
beam on the road’s surface.
Adjustable Beam Angle
- Increasing the beam angle on the light will eliminate dark spots on the road.
- Most companies are unable or reluctant to do this as it creates lower lux levels in the area below the lamp.
- ThinkLite lamps use special lenses which allow a wider beam angle without sacrificing the intensity of their 131 lumens/watt bulbs.
- This creates widespread light that is uniform and bright.
- ThinkLite uses a premium precise optical lens to minimize light lost.
- ThinkLite uses DIALUX Simulation technology to recommend an optimal light distribution for each individual solution.
- Adjusting factors such as wattage, height and beam angle creates a more uniform distribution of light.
- This produces a very accurate simulation guaranteed by ThinkLite.
- A common notion of LED lights is that they produce a bright, white light, which can be unappealing.
- ThinkLite LEDs can be customized to any color between 2300K (yellow light produced by high pressure sodium) to 5000K (pure white light produced by metal halide) to 6500K (the traditional bluish-white color LEDs are known for).
Modular Design Allows for EasyMaintenance
- In most LED street lamps, failure of a single diode requires replacement of the ENTIRE fixture.
- The ThinkLite LED street lamps have a modular design.
- This design allows for each diode to be independently replaced or easy and inexpensive maintenance
Single diode can be replaced by removing screws
Proprietary Heat-Sink Technology and Anti-Glare Lenses
- ThinkLite uses a proprietary a metal alloy to optimize heat distribution and dissipation.
- This heat-sink keeps the LEDs and PCB at low optimal operating temperatures regardless of hot weather.
- A special thermal grease is applied to the heat-sink to enhance the thermal properties of the metal.
- The fixture is fairly light because the fins remain thin in order to maximize surface area without adding significant weight.
- ThinkLite lamps also use a special anti-glare technology system.
- There is a pupil at the center of each LED to eliminate glare, making them ideal for highways and cities.
- ThinkLite lamps are rated IP67, making them more durable and longer lasting than most lamps.
- ThinkLite coats all lamps with a proprietary polymerized hydrocarbon compound making them resistant to rain, snow, hail, dust, moisture, high humidity and changes in temperature).
- The compound also protects against corrosion (by the sea) and rust, so the lamp will last longer than the average HID or LED fixture on the market.