Why change the entire fixture
For the longest time in the LED industry, the ‘go to’ solution for the most reliable results has been replacing existing fluorescent and HID fixtures with new LED fixtures. Manufacturers, contractors, engineers and service organizations have been so accustomed to specifying new LED fixtures that require the existing fixtures to be ripped out for the largest projects..
If we take a closer look at this, it is quite easy to realize that most fixtures are in good working condition and do not need to be changed. It is usually only the lamps and ballasts inside the fixture that are obsolete and inefficient.
STATISTICS show that
of the time, the light fixture
does not need to be replaced
UP TO 80%
of lighting upgrade costs are
associated with the fixture itself
INCREASED INSTALLANTION TIME
- Changing fixtures will often add 30% more labor due to unforeseen issues.
- Many contractors push for fixture changes as higher labor fees mean more revenue for them.
- Additional materials are often needed to adapt the new fixtures to old structures.
High Maintenance Costs
- Fixture Warranties are short
- Warranties often do not cover partial defects
- Entire fixtures must be replaced when single LEDs go out
Potential Structure/ ceiling damage
- Filing holes from old fixtures
- Painting touch ups
- Re-wiring issues
- Increased liability
Negative environmental impacts
- Most old fixtures end up as trash in landfills
- Additional fixture disposal and/or recycle costs increases the installation costs on a project.
WHY CHANGE THE FIXTURE?
Challenging the Wasteful Practices of Today
ThinkLite specializes in bringing to market the most advanced and highest performing LED retrofit systems, customized with the intelligence of specific industries’ working environments and knowledge base of traditional fixtures being used in those particular industries.
ThinkLite focuses on retrofit systems that take the least time to install, and require the LEAST modification to the existing fixture. ThinkLite retrofits take only HALF the time to install of new fixtures and other competing retrofit kits that require major fixture modification.
This allows for the light output & light quality & reliability of a brand new fixture, while keeping the existing fixture.
Industry Average Payback Period for LED Upgrade
(before utility incentives)
ThinkLite LED Retrofit